Swartland, Riebeek West, Dutch Reformed Church
C. & G. Mears (Firm)
Format Extent5 colour photographs
RightsThese items are subject to copyright protection. Reproduction of the content, or any part of it, other than for research, academic or non-commercial use is prohibited without prior consent from the copyright holder.
MetadataShow full item record
Photographs and information on the Dutch Reformed Church and its bell in Riebeek Kasteel. The Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk in Riebeek Wes has two bells, one in the tower, the other in a detached tower on the right hand side of the church. The congregation started in 1858. The outside bell sits in a horseshoe tower of 1860. The bell is typically British with two pairs of moulding wire with in between C & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1857. Three more moulding wires above the knee and two more on the lip finish the decorations.
- Swartland